Here's what you have been experiencing from inside my uterus through month #9:
(so far)
Comments from strangers
"Wow, looks like you've got a stomach ache." After being met by my glare, "It was a joke, congratulations." - Some guy in Bed Bath & Beyond
Some lady at the library approaches us, "may I make a suggestion?"
"Sure," I say.
"You might want to start laying off on the buttered popcorn." Then a glance down at you, a wink, and a smile.
After using the self-checkout lane at Home Depot, an employee stops Brea and I on our way out. "Ohhh! What are you having?" "A baby." I reply wryly. Brea steps in politely, "a girl."
"Ohhh! You should name your baby peaches!" I disagreed. Probably rudely. Come on, she wanted me to name you peaches!
Entertainment
Sleeping at Last concert
movie The Bounty Hunter at the theater
Over the Rhine concert
Art opening at the Luminary, Cause+Time
Events
You came with me to the baby shower for your future friend,Murray baby (your friend across the street)
You attended Alex and Amanda's wedding and reception (and
overdosed on caffeine - my bad)
We waited out a tornado warning in the basement
Your father went to San Francisco and left us alone for a week
Your uncle Andy came to visit for a week
You ate some banana bread cookies while we hung out with our
friends the Powells
We went to the doctor and he checked out how close we are to
meeting you (only a centimeter or so dilated - it should be a
while. take your time!)
We celebrated some dear friends' birthdays, Erin Plemon, Krista Tipton and Brea McAnally
Some of your favorite things to do now
Squish my bladder
Turn all the way around again and again
Freeze when people try to feel you move
Drink milk



Gosh you make me laugh Kat! You're daughter is awfully blessed to have such wonderful parents! I love reading your blog and can't wait to meet your sweet baby girl!
ReplyDeleteSide note: I had no idea you guys like Over the Rhine! I was just introduced to them last fall when they did a concert at North Park!