And a very receded hairline :)
Yup - she's losing that precious baby hair!
She's sleeping pretty well, and giving us enough sleep to get by. We are putting her in the bassinet to sleep at night now, and for some naps during the day. We take a nap or two in the day for snuggle time. It's one of our favorite ways to spend time right now. Having a baby asleep on your chest has a way of melting and strengthening your heart at the same time. She radiates contentment and comfort when she can rest with one of us. It feels good to give her that.
One month old now. We have a pediatrician appointment tomorrow - I'm excited to see how much she weighs, etc. I'm also curious if she has thrush. Her tongue is white and she has been fussy during feeding - I wonder if her tongue is sore.
At Laura's suggestion I gave her one of her links to play with. Time to explore gripping and textures and whatever else she wants to learn with it...probably some calculus. She is Jason's daughter after all. Speaking of which, she looks exactly like him! I should post one of his baby photos.
Tonight I went out for the first time without Vera. Eeshk! Jason stayed home with her while I went to Shakespeare in the Park with some lovely ladies from church. It's Hamlet this year - it's good, too. Sheri and I both left at intermission because it does make for a long night, but I'm going to go back for the second half another night (and of course I was anxious to get back to Vera). I love that St. Louis has so many wonderful events for open to everyone. I want to go by the History Museum soon, too. They have an exhibit from the Vatican right now - and I'm hoping to see some Illustrated Manuscripts. Maybe it will re-inspire my creativity.


No comments:
Post a Comment